Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Daddy is HOME!!!

After what seemed like forever at times Greg finally arrived home from his 11 month deployment.  He was supposed to come into Killeen on Sunday June 3rd around noon.  He was delayed due to a sandstorm in Kuwait.  He spend Sunday night in Atlanta and then got into Killeen at 12:30 on Monday June 4th.  It is such a relief to have him home and our family back together again. 


Patiently waiting

I screamed "There he is!"  The kids went running.


I love the sheer joy that is on Greg's face.

Clark was so excited too!



My sister made this wreath.  I just think it is so pretty

The signs that Connor and Claire made for Greg.  I am not sure if you can tell but the Welcome Home is "3D".  Connor had the idea and we made it happen.  When he told me about it, I was warped back to elementary school.  I remember making things "3D" with construction paper folded and then taped onto what ever you wanted to "pop" out.  It was so much fun making this with Connor.  

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home Greg....allison i am so glad for you. the kids are all so big!!!! We are just gearing up for our year. yuck! how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how happy everyone looks and I especially love the wreath Leslie made and the cool 3D sign Connor made! I'm sure Daddy loved it! So happy you all are together again! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics and your story. As I finish supper at Sals I am reminded how much fun it is to hear your take on the world. Looking forward to your blogs about supper planning!!!

    ReplyDelete